The Northern Degree Program recognizes exemplary PPANI members on an individual basis. These members have:
- Given freely of their time and talents in service to the association and its members.
- Shared their knowledge of photography continuously with other Northern members and the profession by delivering seminar programs and writing educational articles for the Northern Hi-Lites publication.
- Exhibited professional and technical proficiency through continued education, photographic competitions at the association, state and national levels, and in earning PPA Degrees.
The Northern Degree Program will confer degrees on three different levels.
- Service Degree (Bronze) – Awarded to the spouse of an active member, or any non-photographer employees of an Active Voting Member, and Sustaining Members providing the individual accumulates 35 points from point categories 1, 2, 3, 7 and 16 as noted below. Points for this degree can be earned from these point categories only.
- Associate Degree (Silver) – Awarded to any member who accumulates 50 points from any of the point categories listed below, or a combination thereof.
- Fellowship Degree (Gold) – Awarded to any Active Voting Member who accumulates 75 points from any of the point categories listed below, or a combination thereof. A minimum of 30 points must be for “hanging” pring in competition as described in point category 9.
- Plus 50 Bars – After earning one of the above degrees, degree holders may earn additional points toward ‘Plus 50′ bars, showing continued service to the association and the profession. One gold bar will be awarded for each additional 50 points earned.
1. Membership in PPANI – 2/year
2. Meetings/Seminars and Conventions
- PPANI – 1/day
- APPI – 1/convention
- MARC – 1/convention
- Imaging USA – 1/convention
3. Committee Chairperson and Member – 1/5 hours
4. Service on the Board of Directors – 2/year
5. Service on the Executive Board – 3/year
6. Service as President of Northern – 5/year
7. Articles for Northern Hi-Lites
- Non-illustrated – 1/article
- Illustrated – 2/article
8. Programs for PPANI – 2/program
9. Programs for other PPA Affiliates – 2/program
10. Hanging Prints at PPANI, APPI and PPA competitions
- Score of 75-79 – 1 point
- Score of 80+ – 2 points
- Best of Show – 3 points
- Best of Category – 2 points (February only)
PPANI End of Year Awards
- 2nd or 3rd place – 1 point
- First Place – 2 points
APPI and PPA Judging
- Merit Print (80+) – 1 point
- Loan Collection Prints – 2 points
11. Print Judge – 1 point
12. Continuing Education from PPA Affiliate Schools
Any member completing or instructing courses at any PPA Affiliate School will earn points per the following schedule:
- Each 2 or 3 day class – 1 point
- Each 5 day class – 2 points
- Class instructor – 3 points
- Assistant instructor – 2 points
- All other PPA-sanctioned classes – 1 point
13. Certification – 2 points
14. Continued Compliance with Certification – 1 point per 5-year renewal
15. PPA Degrees – 5 points
16. Recruiting New Member to Northern – 2 points